I work for REM Wisconsin, under The Mentor Network, as a Direct Support provider at a group home for adults with special needs. I love going to work. I also love going home, but who doesn't?? I get so much joy out of what I do, even on the crazy days.
50 Things I Love:
1. Walking barefoot in the summer.
2. Smiley music.
3. Snuggling with babies.
4. Hearing stories from the elderly.
5. Jokes that are actually funny. And that don't make fun.
6. Meeting someone, finding out we share the same faith and bonding over that. Instantly.
9. Pens with gel ink.
10. Those really expensive water balls with glitter in them. I don't own one, but think they are pretty awesome.
11. Bodies of water. Lakes, oceans, streams, ponds....love it all!
12. Books I can read a million times and never get sick of.
13. Colorful sunsets.
14. Snow, when the sun makes it sparkle or it looks like glitter as it falls. (The only times I like the stuff, lol)
15. Thinking about my future hubby.
16. TV on DVD!
17. Walking into my apartment and knowing it is my home.
18. Watching Lidia's Italy.
19. Scrambled eggs. I love scrambled eggs!!
20. Reading a book while the rest of the boat fishes.
22. Full bookshelves.
23. Chick flicks. I am not completely adverse to crying during movies.
24. Memories of friendships and moments that make me smile.
26. Trying to figure out who random actors are in movies...like what other movies they had been in.
27. My job!
29. The fact that I still have (and use) my VHS player.
30. My whole family! I loooove staying in touch with my extended family too!
31. Skype rocks my sox!
32. Getting thoughtful emails.
33. Seeing answered prayers.
34. Loving on my friends!
35. That soft spot on a horse's nose.
36. Going to the movie theater. Even if I have to go alone sometimes.
37. Biggby Coffee...Teddy Bear, Carmel Marvel, Apple Cider
38. My momma's spaghetti.
40. Daydreaming about my multi-purpose Human Services geared ranch. Horses and helping...the perfect combo. *sigh*
41. Boston Terriers!
42. Blasting the music in the car!
43. Rain and thunderstorms!
44. Sketching...even though I am not very good.
46. Window shopping! Which sometimes ends in buying something...I like that too!
47. Daydreaming about maybes and could be's.
48. When people I love are proud of me.
49. Having a queen sized bed!! I highly doubt I will be able to go back to a twin now.... lol
50. Jesus Christ and what He did for me on the cross. I will love Him forever and always for that...and it still won't be enough. He deserves so much more than I can give....but He loves me anyway. That, my friends is true Love. ♥